Tuesday 25 April 2017

Kayaking on Okahu Bay, Auckland

I had been waiting for a day like today to go kayaking.  We often get still, clear, sunny, autumn days here in Auckland, it is my favourite season and perfect weather for  kayaking so today was my chance and I took it.

What bliss it was to be paddling and drifting on such a glorious day. As Rat said in Kenneth Grahame's Wind in The Willows   "Believe me, young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." I have to agree with Rat, I love being on the water  and will find any excuse.
As far as I am concerned today I had a pretty wonderful morning!

I hired my Kayak from Ferg's Kayaks, Okahu Bay  www.fergskayaks.co.nz 
Kayaks can be hired by the hour ($25) or they offer two kayak tours :
  •  A 3 hour tour which across the harbour to Devonport and Cheltenham Beach and includes a climb up Mt Victoria. 
  • A 6 hour tour, for experienced kayakers, to Rangitoto which includes a climb to the top.
(Cuba posts will resume next week)
Bliss!

While city workers are hard at work........


I wonder what the story is behind this badly neglected boat....have they forgotten they own it?!!

The shag keeps his eye on me as I circle him - probably worried I'm scaring the fish away

No comments:

Post a Comment