Friday 23 December 2011

Happy Christmas everyone

It is Christmas Eve in Auckland and the weather is perfect.  It is hot, sunny and calm with still, sparkling blue seas. It feels so good to be alive on days like this.  I hope it is lovely where ever you are and if it's cold I hope you are snug and cosy.

Here are some photos I took this morning on my walk.

A calm still morning at the beach.

Pohutukawa tree...known as the New Zealand Christmas tree because
it flowers right on Christmas when the coastline becomes ablaze with colour.
A close up of the Pohutukawa flower often used to decorate
the Christmas table.





Christmas Eve at St Heliers, Auckland.  A beautiful morning for kayaking.......

.....and strolling

All my very best wishes for your Christmas and holidays .  I hope they are filled with love and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment